Highest speeds, lowest motor heating and best control performance – always in real time: The technical basis is the controlled intermediate DC circuit combined with the established pulse-amplitude modulation (PAM) which allows SD2S doing without additional motor chokes even at high speeds.
Based on this technology SIEB & MEYER developed two extremely robust and sensorless control methods: V/f-PAM for asynchronous motors and FPAM for synchronous motors. The usually very special applications in this area require close coordination between the user and SIEB & MEYER. Applications with a large variance of engine types (such as engine test stations) are rather unsuitable.
Output Frequencies up to 8,000 Hz
- Function: Established PAM technology with optimized dynamic characteristics, efficiency and flexibility.
- Advantage: Virtually no speed limitation combined with optimized control dynamics and excellent system efficiency.
- Benefit: Low initial costs, possibility to access new applications.
Sensorless Control of Synchronous and Asynchronous Motors
- Function: The control of synchronous motors (FPAM) is based on the accurate EMF measurement in accordance to the rotor position. For asynchronous motors the well-proven drive function V/f-PWM is used.
- Advantage: Cost-intensive speed sensors are not required. Flexible switching from synchronous to asynchronous motors is possible.
- Benefit: Cost savings, easy initial operation.
No Need of Motor Chokes or LC-Filters
- Function: The PAM technology allows smallest switching frequencies and reduces the electric stress of the motor as well as interferences (EMC) significantly.
- Advantage: Additional filter elements or motor chokes are not required.
- Benefit: Low system costs, easy initial operation.
The Fast One
The existing standard SD2S-FPAM devices are also used as technical basis for customized devices. This way, the customer obtains an optimal solution that is individually adapted to the specific application.
- USB connection, parameterization, diagnosis and operation
- RS232 / CAN interface
- 2 analog reference value interfaces: +/-10 V;
2 analog outputs: 0 - 10 V
- Universal motor encoder interface:
Hall sensor, linear Hall sensor, magnetoresistive sensor, NAMUR sensor (pulse generator), Sin/Cos encoder
- Motor connection
- Optional: EtherCAT (CoE)
- SERVOLINK 4 via optical fiber PROFIBUS adapter
- Power supply
- 9 digital inputs and 5 digital outputs
- 2 TTL encoder inputs and outputs
- Safety Intergrated "STO": Restart lock to meet category 4/PL e according to EN ISO 13849-1:2015 and EN 61508:2010 SIL
PROFIBUS and PROFINET via gateway
Drive Functions and Safety Functions
Software for Initial Operation and Parameterization: drivemaster2
The oscilloscope function allows optimization of the axes in the machine via the drive-setup-tool without additional measuring equipment.
The clear design of the software allows intuitive parameterization via graphics and block diagrams. The „Parameter-Wizard“ guides the user step-by-step through the system configuration and allows intuitive setup of the device via help messages and comments.
Operation Unit (optional)
LCD status display for the indication of operating data:
- Reference / actual speed
- Load display
- Active spindle
- Error messages
LED status displays for:
- Ready for operation
- Load message
Technical Specifications of Frequency Converter SD2S-FPAM
|Device type||Rated power1||Rated current||Peak current/time||Max. output voltage1||HxWxD (mm)||Weight||Cooling|
|Compact devices - 1 x 110...230 VAC mains voltage|
|0362X42DC||1.5 kVA||10 Arms||14 Arms/2 s||3 x 200 VAC||280 x 75 x 230||3 kg||Air|
|Compact devices - 1(3) x 110...230 VAC mains voltage|
|0362X42EC||3.8 kVA||10 Arms||28 Arms/2 s||3 x 200 VAC||253 x 104 x 188||4 kg||Air|
X = 1: CAN bus
X = 2: EtherCAT and CAN Bus
1) Rated power and max. output voltage for mains voltage/supply voltage (in italic)