Highest speeds, lowest motor heating and best control performance – always in real time: The technical basis is the controlled intermediate DC circuit combined with the established pulse-amplitude modulation (PAM) which allows SD2S doing without additional motor chokes even at high speeds.
Based on this technology SIEB & MEYER developed two extremely robust and sensorless control methods: V/f-PAM for asynchronous motors and FPAM for synchronous motors. The usually very special applications in this area require close coordination between the user and SIEB & MEYER. Applications with a large variance of engine types (such as engine test stations) are rather unsuitable.
FUNCTION • ADVANTAGE • BENEFIT
OUTPUT FREQUENCIES UP TO 8,000 Hz
- Function: Established PAM technology with optimized dynamic characteristics, efficiency and flexibility.
- Advantage: Virtually no speed limitation combined with optimized control dynamics and excellent system efficiency.
- Benefit: Low initial costs, possibility to access new applications.
SENSORLESS CONTROL OF SYNCHRONOUS AND ASYNCHRONOUS MOTORS
- Function: The control of synchronous motors (FPAM) is based on the accurate EMF measurement in accordance to the rotor position. For asynchronous motors the well-proven drive function V/f-PWM is used.
- Advantage: Cost-intensive speed sensors are not required. Flexible switching from synchronous to asynchronous motors is possible.
- Benefit: Cost savings, easy initial operation.
NO NEED OF MOTOR CHOKES OR LC-FILTERS
- Function: The PAM technology allows smallest switching frequencies and reduces the electric stress of the motor as well as interferences (EMC) significantly.
- Advantage: Additional filter elements or motor chokes are not required.
- Benefit: Low system costs, easy initial operation.
THE FAST ONE
The existing standard SD2S-FPAM devices are also used as technical basis for customized devices. This way, the customer obtains an optimal solution that is individually adapted to the specific application.
THE INTERFACES OF SD2S-FPAM
- USB connection, parameterization, diagnosis and operation
- RS232 / CAN interface
- 2 analog reference value interfaces: +/-10 V;
2 analog outputs: 0 - 10 V
- Universal motor encoder interface:
Hall sensor, linear Hall sensor, magnetoresistive sensor, NAMUR sensor (pulse generator), Sin/Cos encoder
- Motor connection
- Optional: EtherCAT (CoE)
- SERVOLINK 4 via optical fiber PROFIBUS adapter
- Power supply
- 9 digital inputs and 5 digital outputs
- 2 TTL encoder inputs and outputs
- Safety Intergrated "STO": Restart lock to meet category 4/PL e according to EN ISO 13849-1:2015 and EN 61508:2010 SIL
PROFIBUS and PROFINET via gateway