The frequency converter SD2B plus allows sensorless operation of low-voltage asynchronous and synchronous motors with speeds up to 120,000 rpm, as well as control with TTL encoders.
Due to this motors can be operated speed-controlled and torque-controlled even from speed zero. The safety function "Safe Torque Off" (STO) is integrated as standard in the device to allow low-cost realization of the steadily increasing demands towards machine safety.
In addition, the frequency converter is equipped with an internal logic voltage supply so that there is no need for an additional external 24 VDC supply.
- Function: Synchronization of several SD2B plus via TTL encoder inputs and outputs.
- Advantage: Autarkic high-precision synchronization of several SD2B plus frequency converters without external control components.
- Benefit: Lower system costs.
Integrated Logic Voltage Supply
- Function: SD2B plus uses the DC mains supply to generate its 24 V logic supply.
- Advantage: No need for second DC power supply for the 24 V logic supply.
- Benefit: Optimization of the required space and reduction of system costs.
Parameterization via USB
- Function: Logic voltage supply via USB interface.
- Advantage: Parameterization of SD2B plus without connected voltage supply is possible via the USB interface, which allows pre-configuration of devices outside the machine.
- Benefit: Lower system costs.
The Space Marvel
The IP20 housing of SD2B plus convinces with its reduced construction height of only 25 mm. This special compact design allows easy and flexible integration of the device.
Besides two TTL encoder inputs and outputs SD2B plus provides five digital inputs and outputs each, analog reference value setting as well as a USB interface for easy parameterization.
The serial bus connections CAN and RS232 are integrated as standard and allow realization of all control processes.
- USB connection, parameterization, diagnosis and operation
- Analog reference interface +/-10 V
- Safety integrated "STO": Restart lock to meet category 4/PL e according to EN ISO 13849-1:2015 and EN 61508:2010 SIL3
- 5 digital inputs and 5 digital outputs
- RS232 / CAN interface
- 2 TTL encoder inputs and outputs
- 2 TTL encoder inputs and outputs / BiSS-Renishaw
- Motor connection
- DC supply
Drive Functions and Safety Functions
Software for Initial Operation and Parameterization: drivemaster2
The oscilloscope function allows optimization of the axes in the machine via the drive-setup-tool without additional measuring equipment.
The clear design of the software allows intuitive parameterization via graphics and block diagrams. The „Parameter-Wizard“ guides the user step-by-step through the system configuration and allows intuitive setup of the device via help messages and comments.
|Device type||Rated power1||Rated current||Peak current/time||Max. output voltage1||HxWxD (mm)||Weight||Cooling|
|Device with housing (SD2B plus) - 1 x 24...48 VDC supply voltage|
|0362171DA12||740 VA||13 Arms||15.8 Arms/10 s||3 x 33 VAC||165 x 120 x 25||0.55 kg||Air|
|Device with housing (SD2B plus) - 1 x 24...80 VDC supply voltage|
|0362171DB12||940 VA||10 Arms||12 Arms/10 s||3 x 55 VAC||165 x 120 x 25||0.55 kg||Air|
1) Rated power and max. output voltage for mains voltage/supply voltage (in italic)
2) NRTL/CSA certified