In Case of Service
If you are in need of service for your machine, please contact your machine manufacturer always at first. The machine manufacturer is best acquainted with the interaction between mechanics and electronics in your machine.
In case no machine manufacturer or service partner is available, please contact our service department for support. Please note that extensive support will be charged!
Please keep the following information at hand:
- Device type and serial number of the SIEB & MEYER device (type plate)
- Machine manufacturer and machine type
- Controller type
- For questions regarding drive technology: the type of motor that is connected
Generally, the machine manufacturer is your main contact person for repairs of SIEB & MEYER products. If you would like to send in a SIEB & MEYER device for repair, please attach the form repair order (FB041) to your delivery note.
Before sending us a device for repair, please check the list product availability for any additional information regarding the status of the device. SIEB & MEYER products marked with “discontinued” will not be repaired.
SIEB & MEYER offers two different repair procedures:
- Standard repair with a processing time of max. 3 weeks
- Express repair with a processing time of max. 2 working days
Repair procedures as of 01.01.2019
After receipt of the goods, the sender of the device or the machine manufacturer receives a confirmation of receipt of the goods from us including a cost estimate for the inspection and repair flat rate.
If you do not wish a repair of the device to these conditions, please contact us within 7 days to cancel the process and clarify the conditions for return delivery or disposal. The period for objection extends the duration of the repair. You can avoid this by a direct approval.
The lead time of the repair is 21 days after release. The device will be returned to the sender or, if desired, to an end customer within the European Union. The sender will receive an invoice for the repair flat rate according to the cost estimate.
If the inspection shows that a repair is not possible, only the inspection flat rate will be charged. We will contact the sender or the machine manufacturer to discuss possible alternatives. At the same time, the sender can decide, whether the old device should be returned unrepaired or disposed of properly.
In order to avoid longer machine downtimes, you can select the additional service "quick repair" which will be calculated with a surcharge on the inspection or repair flat rate.
The following special rules apply to quick repairs:
- The sender shall request a confirmation from SIEB & MEYER that a quick repair is possible before shipping the device. This can be done by telephone or e-mail.
- After shipping of the device the sender shall communicate the approximate arrival time of the device.
- After receipt of the goods, the sender of the device receives a goods receipt confirmation including a cost estimate for the inspection and repair flat rate. These conditions cannot be contradicted, they are considered accepted by the sender.
- The repair will be carried out within 2 working days and the device will be returned by express shipping. The resulting shipping costs will be invoiced on a time and material basis.
If you want to send us a device for repair, please use the following form for detailed information regarding the repair: