The frequency converters of series SD2M convince by their maximum output, little need for space, reduced system costs and high efficiency. The devices are designed for complex automation tasks in high-speed applications and allow use of synchronous and asynchronous motors.
Sensorless applications as well as applications with speed sensor can be realized easily. The high-dynamic vector control combined with highest speeds offers a whole new range of applications.
FUNCTION • ADVANTAGE • BENEFIT
- Function: The output stages of SD2M are based on a three-level technology and provide rotating field frequencies up to 2,000 Hz with switching frequencies of 16 kHz.
- Advantage: Reduced motor losses combined with minimum efforts for motor filters and motor chokes as well as low interfering radiation and insulation stress.
- Benefit: Low system costs over the whole product life cycle.
- Function: The devices reach efficiencies of up to 98 %.
- Advantage: The high efficiency of the devices ensures optimal system efficiencies and reduces cooling requirements.
- Benefit: Lower energy costs at maximum system output.
- Function: The SD2M devices with DC supply can be operated with active front-end power supply unit.
- Advantage: Fast acceleration and deceleration processes at high energy efficiency.
- Benefit: Low energy costs and highest productivity.
THE POWERFUL ONE
SIEB & MEYER has developed the frequency converter SD2M using the three-level tehnology to significantly reduce PWM-related rotor losses.
Besides devices for 3-phase mains supply devices with DC supply are provided allowing to operate SD2M with a power supply unit capable of recovering energy. This way applications with a process-related repeated braking operation can take advantage of the benefits of the three-level technology.
THE INTERFACES OF SD2M
- USB connection, parameterization, diagnosis and operation
- 2 TTL encoder inputs and outputs
- RS232 / CAN interface / Modbus
- 2 analog reference value interfaces: +/-10 V,
2 analog outputs: 0 to 10 V
- Universal Motor Encoder Interface: Hall sensor, linear Hall sensor, magnetoresistive sensor, NAMUR sensor (pulse generator), Sin/Cos encoder
- 9 digital inputs and 5 digital outputs
- EtherCAT (CoE)
- Safety integrated "STO": Restart lock to meet category 4/PL e according to EN ISO 13849-1:2015 and EN 61508:2010 SIL3
- Liquid cooling
- Motor connection
- Brake chopper included in the variants with AC voltage supply
- Power supply