The Universal Drive Solution for Multi-axis Applications
The drive system SD2 is a flexible solution that permits quick and easy adaptation to the individual case of application – regardless of whether linear motors, rotary servo motors or motor-driven manufacturing spindles are operated. With SD2 you can implement applications with and without a speed sensor even in the high-speed range up to 180,000 rpm (3,000 Hz). Universal motor encoder evaluations and various options for the connection of the higher-ranking control are additional features to optimize your multi-axis application.
- High-speed grinding and routing spindles
- Multi-axis rotary transfer machines for drilling, routing and grinding tasks
- High-dynamic, speed-controlled servo applications
- Extremely accurate synchronous control of two servo axes
- Servo presses
- Common DC link for n axes
- Rated power up to 97 kVA
- Rated current up to 141 Arms
- Flexible combination of single-axis and double-axis modules
- PWM switching frequencies up to 16 kHz
- Integrated safety functions (e.g. STO)
- Control with or without sensor for synchronous and asynchronous motors
- High overload capacity
- Rotating field frequencies up to 3,000 Hz
- Various options for the connection of the higher-ranking control: configurable analog inputs and outputs +/- 10 V, RS485, CAN, SERVOLINK 4, configurable digital inputs and outputs, EtherCAT (optional), Profibus (optional)
Safety Functions SFM and SLOF for systems without sensors
SIEB & MEYER now offers customers two new safety functions especially developed for the operation of rotary motors without speed sensors: Safe Frequency Monitor (SFM) and Safe Limited Output Frequency (SLOF).
In the field of processing machines and machine tools the demands regarding efficiency but also personal safety increase continuously. The machine manufacturer faces the challenge of implementing both demands optimally as well as in compliance with the relevant standards at the same time. Especially machines with rotating axes involve risks for operators and service technicians due to tools still rotating or rotating at too high speeds. To avoid or notice such operating states the classic safety solutions rely on motors/spindles that come with safe speed sensors. However, in many fields of applications, for example high-speed cutting or grinding, the motors/spindles cannot be equipped with appropriate speed sensors for technical or financial reasons. Therefore, the machine manufacturer would have to accept lower efficiency of the machines or implement costly safety concepts for each individual application to ensure the according safety integrity level.
With the two sensorless safety functions SFM and SLOF integrated in SD2 SIEB & MEYER provides an optimal and cost-effective solution for the safe operation of spindles and motors without speed sensors. Both functions are based on the function Safe Torque Off (STO) that is integrated in all SD2 drive amplifiers as standard.
The functions SFM and SLOF were approved by TÜV Nord according to EN 61508:2010 and meet the requirements of safety integrity level SIL3.